Saturday, June 5, 2010

Work

Sitting here
at a place that is almost like home to me.
Familiar faces, familiar sounds, familiar smells.

I feel as if I am in fishbowl
watching the whole world revolve around me,
{swimming} in, and out, and in, and out.
I watch as the world passes by,
so much commotion so many people passing by,
as I still just sit here in my fish bowl.

I see people embracing,
people crying, people who haven't seen their loved ones for a long while.
I remember being the people outside of this little fish bowl and I wonder
did they see me? Did they see our excited embrace, did they watch the tears?
And think the same things I now think when I see.

The cycle is never ending, keeps going in circles,
day by day, hour by hour, all the same stories,
the people start to blend in, different faces but somehow all the same.

I begin to forget the stories, forget the embraces, forget the yelling, and the screaming.

In one ear and out the other. Day by day, hour by hour.

It happens.

BrittanyRose

No comments:

Post a Comment