Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Winter Wonderland




So...2 days ago, Dad and I decided that we should go skiing for the first time in about 13 years (for me) I figured it would be like riding a bike, you just have to remember how it's done.


So we take this beautiful drive up to Power Mountain and stopped at a rental place to get the skis and boots {who knew ski boots are the most difficult things in the world to get on?} Also they are almost impossible to walk in. i almost fell a number of times...I specifically remember saying to my dad on the way up the mountain "this shouldn't be too hard, i think i'll get the hang of it fairly quickly...next thing I know I am sitting down at the top of the mountain crying because I am too scared to ski down the mountain haha! My dad was making fun of me the whole time :( {sad}



After about dying on the way off the ski lift {they slowed it down for me because i'm a newbie} I about gave up but then i remembered this quote:


"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"

Philippians 4:13



All of the sudden I bucked up and went down the mountain :) I did fall a few more times but I was definitely doing much better!



2 days later....my legs are SO sore that I can hardly lift a bag at work haha! All in all it was a really really fun experience...Maybe I will try snowboarding next?



For those of you who have done both, what are your thoughts on skiing vs. snowboarding?



Let me know :)


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment