Yesterday was crazy, to say the least! I woke up at 3am and went to work at 330...I worked from 415am to 10pm. Right at 10pm I met my family and we went upstairs to get on our flight to Honolulu Hawaii! :) Fast forward to landing time......We finally landed in HI after 6 hours of flight time, then we had to wait 30 minutes to retrieve our luggage. After getting our luggage we had to wait in line to get a taxi to come to our hotel!
Let me tell you...It was the funniest taxi ride I have ever taken in my entire life! Our taxi drivers name was Kim Lam and she was Vietnamese, these are some of the funny conversations we had in the car: Kim "Where are you guys going today" Dad: "The Editon Hotel on Waikiki" Kim "The diditon?" Dad "No, the Edition" Kim "oh! The additon" Dad and Mom: " no, no, no the Edition" Kim "oh, oh, okay, the traditon" this conversation went on and on until Mom finally told Dad to just look up the address and give it to her.
Meanwhile...I had a conversation with her that went like this...Me: "so you're Vietnamese, do you drink Boba Tea?" Kim: "Robot Tea?" Me and Carly (laughing our heads off at this point)
While all of these funny conversations were going on she was trying to make her way into Waikiki in Friday rush hour traffic. Randomly she would just burst out in laughter and say "quick, quick, quick, quick, quick..." I guess she was in a hurry? haha
The funniest part of the whole thing though was that she had the most contagious laugh I have ever heard in my life, and she would laugh over anything that we said. It was so funny! I loved it! After a 40 minute taxi ride, we finally made it to the hotel and were greeted by some very handsome belhops in white button down shirts and grey sweaters! So cute! Here's a look at the Lobby of the hotel:
Then while Dad was checking us in to the room, this beautiful male brought us cold hand towelletes and Lemonade, with Cilantro in it. (which was amazingly refreshing) After that we went up to the room and were amazed at the beauty of it all! (This hotel just opened 5 weeks ago, so it's very modern and beautiful!) Here's a look at the room!
Beautiful huh?
Anyway, I have to go to the beach, so I will write later about what all happened that night....Talk to you later! xoxo


No comments:
Post a Comment